Thursday, February 3, 2011

Stuck

So as many of you know I am currently working in a job that requires me to go to my clients homes to provide services. Over the last two years I have had some interesting stories but I think tonight may take the cake. I was already late leaving my clients house so I was in somewhat of a hurry. Their driveway is quite long so I turned around the in the turn around spot, so I could see where I was going a little better in the dark, and headed down the driveway. All of the sudden my car came to a stop, despite me pushing the gas. I put the car in reverse and tried to back up. . .nothing. . .put it back in drive. . .nothing. . .yep I was stuck!

I turned the car off and headed back towards the front door of house when I heard my 11 year old client (we'll call him Dan) yell "what's the matter". . .I told him I was stuck and he quickly came to my aid. . .laying in the snow furiously digging around the tires with his hands. After a few minutes of digging he said "I think we are good try it again". I got in the car put it in drive and nothing. Looked to my left and Dan was shaking his head. I turned off the car and got out, Dan was already headed towards the front door. Being only a couple steps behind him I hear him yell "Mom, she's stuck in the driveway, this happens to like every worker that comes here."

Mom quickly got her boots on and came to our aid, using the snow blower to clear a path around the car so that we could get closer to the wheels. Dan got on his knees and did a little more digging. As he is digging I hear him say "I better get some hot chocolate with marshmellows for this". I am pretty sure he wasn't talking to anyone in particular, but was just stating a fact.

Mom finished snow blowing, I thanked them and then got back in my car, started it up, put it in gear and slowly pressed on the gas with Dan and his mom pushing on the trunk of my car. The car started to roll forward. . .I was free. I rolled down the window and yelled "Thanks! I'm not stopping the car again!" gave them a wave and I was on my way. Luckily this is one of my more normal families so the whole situation wasn't real awkward but it was a little embarrassing.

So all in all tonight was a little bit of an adventure. . .but I got out and home without too much trouble. But I would say rescuing your family therapist from a mountain of "white death" warrants some hot chocolate with marshmellows. Now I just have to remember to get some before next Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment